Tom

Default 220 saw & dust collector wiring question

I have a Grizzly G0444Z table saw and a G1029Z dust collector. Both run on
220. The saw cord has a green wire which is ground and a red and black which
are both hot and the dust collector cord has the same. Both draw 15 to 20
amps. I have 12/2 with ground
romex cable (white, black and bare ground wires). I was told by Grizzly to
use a 20 amp/220 double breakers on both and 12/2WG and color the white wire
as black or red. I think they said each motor has capacitors, what ever that
means. What confuses me is in the past when I wired a 220 circuit I always
used 12/3WG ( red, black, and white with a bare ground wire). Have any of
you wired your saw or other machinery like Grizzly told me to? In addition
to grounding my dust collector vacuum lines I was thinking that I would go a
head and run a ground wire on each unit to the cold water pipe for added
protection. I would appreciate any advice you could offer me. Thanks a lot.