Jim T

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:37:10 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

Anyone tell me what's going on? Expansion vessel problem perhaps?
If so, what? What's the procedure to cure it? The whole system was
installed about 4 or 5 years ago.

Possibly. However, you're filling up to quite a high pressure and you don't
have much headroom before the pressure relief activates, possibly dumping
too much water when it does so.

I would pressurise to 1 bar when cold. Then, if at any point the pressure
increases beyond 2 bar, you can assume that the expansion vessel is either
broken or undersized.

That sounds like a plan. I'll try it. Thank you for bearing with me on
this issue.....

Either fix it, or install a new one. Personally, I
would prefer a system to be designed to expand by only 0.5 bar. It means
that the pressure vessel has to be seriously deflated before you start to
get problems.

There are other explanations, such as dodgy pressure gauges and relief
valves.

Yes, I guess so.

Thanks again,

Dave