IMM

Default Loft Insulation

"Sarah Hodge" wrote in message

"Steve Toledo-Brown" wrote in message
IMM wrote:

But arm waving with realism. All I read is that energy will become

more
scarce and more expensive. As it becomes more exp[expensive so will
insulation too. best pack it in now while it is cheap enough.

Insulation would only become more expensive if there was really a very
limited supply of raw materials for it. There's not really, is there? So
if energy gets much more expensive there'll be more demand for
insulation material, which in turn means: higher volume of manufacture
- economy of scale - cheaper product; bigger market - more
competition - cheaper product; bigger market - more incentive for R&D
to find better and cheaper insulating products - cheaper and/or better
product.

I've missed the beginning of this thread so I apologise if I am going over
old ground, but please could you tell me if this is reasonable.
I have had a company in this morning who have quoted me on fitting loft
insulation. We have a reasonably small sized end of terraced three
bedroomed house and they have quoted 10 inches of insulation. The price
that they have quoted is £125.00, is this amount about right, we are in

the
London area (don't know if that makes a difference!)

Thanks in advance

250mm. Sound a decent price to me and a decent thickness too.