Peter H

coolneo wrote:
Hello Everyone,

What should someone consider when they are running new supply lines?

My place has mostly iron pipes, but a section of the piping (the
section that supplys cold water to the water heater) is copper. It
runs a total of about 5 feet with a couple of right angels. I've
practiced soldering copper and I feel comfortable enough to yank out a
section of the existing copper and add a T connector to it and then
run the copper the rest of the way. I can do the same for the hot
supply.

So, my question is, is this the right way to do this? Is there a
better way my inexperinced eye is not seeing?

I'm no expert here, but have done a few sweat joints in my time. I would
make the connection at the existing line the last one I did. I've had
some very frustrating times sweating a joint on an existing line where
steam can destroy the joint.

Speedy Jim's prior response is excellent advice as well, as usual.

Peter H