Andrew McKay

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:15:00 GMT, "PeterCB" no.mail@please wrote:

Don't want to spend to much £80.
What do you recommend?
Needs 2 x batteries - Hammer not important.

Any online sites that you care to mention.

Bought one in Homebase today. 18v. 2 1.7Ah batteries. 1 hr charger.
Carrying case. £79.99 - but being Homebase 10% off day it cost just a
shade over £70. It's this one:

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...ckfrom=imag e

*** DO NOT BUY THIS FROM ARGOS! ***

Instead, buy it from Homebase. They've got a special offer on at the
moment (at least, Homebase in Bracknell have), buy a Worx tool costing
more than £50 and they throw in a completely free workbench. They
reckon the workbench is worth £50 but that's possibly debatable - I
reckon £30-ish if you were to shop around (however, Homebase are
selling the workbench as a separate item for £49.99 so maybe it is a
valid price).

The workbench is similar to a traditional B&D Workmate in design, but
the top platform can be angled - could be very handy for some jobs.
The top platform can also be raised and lowered to different heights
off the ground. The workbench is pretty sturdy and took me minutes to
put together this afternoon. Even if you weren't looking for a
workbench it would make someone a really nice Xmas pressie - or you
could donate it to a charity for use as a tombola prize or something.
It's not crap IMHO.

And I used the drill this afternoon for a short time. Not a bad piece
of kit, feels fairly sturdy. I think it came with a 3 yr guarantee
(need to check that....).

Andrew