MM

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 00:48:54 +0100, Richard Faulkner
wrote:

He's not a cash buyer as he has a house which is selling to provide the
money for the next one.

But I have already explained that I am prepared, if need be, to move
into rented accommodation for a short period, thus making me a cash
buyer when the sale of my property has been completed.

In general, an agent will prefer a buyer needing a mortgage over a buyer
needing to sell a house, but not needing a mortgage.

How about a buyer (still) needing a mortgage AND needing to sell a
house? As do most buyers.

Also, I have been told by at least three vendors that they are less
interested in FTBs who believe they will get up to 80% of the purchase
price, when it is patently obvious that their optimism is getting in
the way of reality. At least it looks less likely now that the
interest rate is going to be raised again this year.

I bought my next house yesterday. That is, we haggled, they accepted.
Solicitors have been instructed. We wait. Meanwhile, my 370 mile trek
around Britain over the past few days has done the clutch in (no, not
my foot on the pedal; one of the fingers inside the clutch plate
mechanism appears to be jammed or broken), so that's going to cost me
£160 on Monday.

MM