On 14 Oct 2004 12:06:22 -0700, in misc.consumers.house

(John W.) wrote:

(Kaushik) wrote in message

. com...
I am buying a property in CA. This has total 7500 sq.ft. plot.

About
4500 sq.ft. plot is availabe behind main house. I want to

construct
another house on the plot, behind main house. Legally I will treat

it
as in-laws apartments (I will take legal permit for the

construction).
Once it is build I will move it the new house and rent the main

house.
Rent received is illegal and not disclosed IRS. So I am not paying

any
tax on rental income.

1. Do you think that this plan has hay loop holes, problems?
2. Has anyone done this? Do many people do this?
3. Any tips on negotiating mortgage for buying and construction?
4. What would you do if you have 4500 sq.ft of plot available

behind
your main house?

I'm just a lurker, but do you think it wise to admit in a public

forum
that you know it's illegal? Wouldn't take an IRS agent ten minutes

find this thread....

John W.

you sound paranoid

Nope. Just practical. You don't tell the world you're planning to
commit a crime. Lots of ways to ask the OP's question without admitting
to a crime.

John W.