Rob Graham

Rick Dipper wrote in message . ..
On 22 Oct 2004 05:36:12 -0700, (bell) wrote:

Hi, Does anyone know what's inside one of these?

It's a bit of kit to link up two boiler systems. My dad's doing a self
build and he's going to need one but is curious as to how they work.

Thanks x

There is NOTING inside them.

I had one, I was not overly impressed with it, in fact I have now
taken it out.

Rick

No point in describing it any further - it's all been said, apart
from the fact that in the system I'm using it works spendidly. I've
an oil fired boiler pumping into it and a log stove gravity feed into
it. Trying to remember the output configuration without diving into a
folder - the cylinder has to be gravity fed but is shut of with a fail
safe valve when the CH pump is on. A bit of home grown electronics
controls the system such that the oil burner is shut down if the log
stove is hot.

Plumbing it in is an keen-amateur job - no self respecting plumber
would take it on unless the customer had deeeeep pockets. In a
confined space it looks very neat but plumbing wise a 'challenge'.

I'm assuming that of the two heat sources the OP has, one needs to be
gravity run as I have. I would be interested to know how the heatbank
arrangement can be configured for this; I'm in the market for a design
for such a set-up as I need to overcome low pressure in the HW system
and am not a fan of pumps. I've been following the various threads on
the subject but have had difficulty understanding some of the piping
diagrams that have been posted.

Having said all that I went to visit a friend the other day who lives
in a stately pile where he has built a system of 2 domestic gas
boilers working in some astonishing configuration involving homemade
heat exchangers, etc; the pipework would do the boiler room of small
steam ship a run for it's money.

Rob

Rob