Dave Hinz

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:01:09 -0400, alexy wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

So subscribe to a spam filtering service, or buy a program that does it,
or install SpamAssassin.

Dave, generally, I have agreed with your points in this "debate", but
here you are beating a dead horse. He provided the requested way to
contact him via email, in the portion of the post you did not quote.
Like him, I have recently changed emails, and while the bayesian
filter did a great job before, it is even better not to get any, so
that the annoying 1-2% doesn't slip through.

Right, he did provide it after being asked, that's true. I am pointing
out that there are more effective ways to do it. zaep (from zaep.com)
is a challenge/response program that runs on Windows; a sender has to
do a one-time "Yes, I'm a real person" in order for their emails to get
through. 30 bucks or something, and unless your whitelisted people turn
into spammers, 100% effective. Spamcop.net, for 20 or 30 bucks a year,
is about 99% effective, does pop and imap, and webmail.

When someone is posting bull**** anonymously, and proposes that their reason
for being anonymous is for anti-spam, rather than because they just want to
make noise and not say who they are, that explaination is suspect at best.

Dave Hinz