Craig

Default Advice on Granite sinks?

Hi folks,

I'm think of replacing my kitchen counters, faucets and sink. I've seen
and like the "granite" sinks which are actually a composite of something
like 80% granite and 20% resin. I've seen two and both can be over- or
under-mounted on the countertop.

I'd think these would have most of the advantages of the solid composite
sinks like Corian with additional resistance to scratching, etc. Does anyone
have one of these or know about them? Advantages? Disadvantages?

I've seen a "granite" double kitchen sink for $359-450 by Moen as well as
what I think is Home Depot's store brand, Pegasus, for $200. Would the
Pegasus have any disadvantages over the name brand?

Thanks.

--
---

Craig