Default home depot unfinished hardwood floor inferior?

HI,

I was looking for unfinished red-oak select or better hardwood floors
in a MA home depot store. Noticed that the stuff they claim to be
select is actually marked as #1 common by the manufacture. The
manufacture is Harris Tarkett. Also, the floor does not have NORMA
stamping on the back.

This made me wonder if home depot has its own definition of select and
actually making #1 common grade as select grade. When I asked the
workers there, they said that is select with no further explanations.

Anyone else has experience with home depot's unfinished hardwood
flooring?

Thanks
-eve