Christian McArdle

Has anyone heard of Micro Combined Heat and Power units. I am made to
believe that these are boilers that also generate their own electricity

and
are highly efficient.

I hadn't realised that they had gone into production yet. I think they're a
great idea, but personally, I prefer to avoid 1st generation products. If
you are into the "bleeding" edge, then try one. Just make sure you post the
results here!

They don't generate much electricity, so you still need a genuine
electricity connection. However, they will plod away producing enough for
your lights/fridge/freezer/TV, so that you only draw electric current from
the mains when you're doing something big, like using the tumble dryer or
kettle.

Christian.