Norminn

clipped

Pardon my ignorance (first house)---what do you mean by
"weatherproofing"? I bought some aluminum flashing yesterday that I
intend to nail to the window frames that get the most water damage; is
that the sort of thing you mean?

Thanks.
--glenn

Oh, I forgot. Before you worry about painting, make sure the "bones"
are good. Roof in good shape, furnace inspection before winter, look
for pipes that might be likely to freeze, put away the water hose and
drain line to hose bib (maybe?), flush water from irrig. lines if they
freeze (and you're lucky enough to have irrig. system)etc.

Utility companies are another good resource for winterizing homes.