Fred the Red Shirt

(Scott Lurndal) wrote in message om...
(Fred the Red Shirt) writes:
"Maxprop" wrote in message link.net...

As you can imagine, the media ran with the story, creating
a minor furor. A few environmental organizations even asked Congress to
look into the matter.

That sounds like more UL to me. I've never seen even one story, let
alone one falling for the spoof, in any media.

Penn and Teller did this on their Showtime show (Bull***t). They
got people to sign a petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide and had
several "spokespersons" for various enviro orgs endorsing their
efforts. Would have been funny, if it wasn't so tragic.

I have a videoclip in which Senator John McCain accuses Karl Rove of
dynamiting the Old Man in the Mountain in New Hampshire to revenge
Bush's loss in the year 2000 primary.

I'm sure that spokesmen for environmental organizations enjoy a good
joke as much as anyone else. Penn and Teller are famous.

They are also stage magicians, entertainers. Stage Magicians often
use shills. Nothing wrong with that, but it should not be confused
with reality.

So though I remain amused, I also remain unconvinced.

--

FF