chris French

In message , Christian
McArdle writes
3) How long should I now wait before painitng these walls? what should I

use
for the first coat?...... I've heard talk of diluted emulsion?

Wait a couple of weeks. Ensure that the colour has changed to dry. A simple
skim should do this in a couple of days.

Seal using white Dulux Trade Supermatt thinned 25% water, 75% paint.
Then paint using your chosen colour Dulux Trade Supermatt. 2 coats.

Ensure it is really Supermatt, rather than standard Vinyl emulsion.

AIUI Supermatt is really intended for fresh plaster that hasn't had time
to fully dry out.

Certainly on all the walls and ceilings we have had skimmed (most of
them now) I've just used a diluted standard vinyl matt emulsion
- normally Dulux Trade and have had no problems some rooms been
decorated about 5 years now.
--
Chris French, Leeds