O.B.

Christopher Green wrote:
"O.B." wrote in message ...

We have a GE self cleaning oven and we are attempting to engage the self
cleaning mechanism. But for some reason, the "clean" latch on the door
will only slide halfway. Is there some trick to get it to slide all the
way to the right?

Could be that that's all the farther it slides. I had an old, old GE
that worked that way, and the Whirlpool I have now does the same.

If the door is latched tight in that position, and the clean cycle
isn't locked out, then it's working as designed.

When I slide it as far as it can go (halfway) and release, it bounces
back to the left ... never latching the door. The previous owner (our
parents) mentioned that the knobs had to be set to "clean" before moving
the switch. We've done that. Is there some electrical mechanism that
disengages when these knobs are set to clean such that the latch will
slide all the way?