John Grabowski

I've always been impressed with the Aiphone brand of intercoms. It is a
Japanese company, but they have been available in the US for many years.
The Sound quality is very good as is the construction. I've installed them
in a few estate homes with many rooms and buildings. In one instance I
needed a unit customized and the factory did it for me. The cost of these
units may be more expensive than some others that are commonly used.

Regardless of the brand that you choose, be sure to follow the factory's
installation procedures and use the wire that is recommended by them. It
will have a great affect on the sound quality.

John Grabowski
http://www.mrelectrician.tv

"Power Cat" wrote in message
om...
Looking for suggestions for a hardwired home intercom system. I don't
think the intercom systems are the way to handle audio in the house so
that just leaves an intercom doing intercom duty. It seems most of
these that are hardwired require shielded wiring so I can't just
prewire some cat5 wire and figure out a vendor later.

What do you folks like for pure intercom duty? That doesn't cost an
arm and a leg?