Norminn

Glenn Ammons wrote:
My wife and I just bought a house with some deteriorated paint on the
exterior woodwork. I'd like to repaint with latex paint, but it's too
cold for that (highs in the low fifties, lows in the thirties). Is
there anything else I could do to protect the woodwork over the
winter, so that I could repaint in the spring?

Thanks.
--glenn

I've seen reference to paint that can be applied at colder temps, I
believe. Been a while, and I don't want to do a search. What is the
point of doing a temporary paint job, and redoing it in the spring?
Seems like a waste to me. Primer only might deteriorate - paint should
be applied within certain number of days. At this point, I'd put my
effort into caulking and weatherproofing exterior.