Peter D

John Rumm wrote:
EricP wrote:

I have thought about it, but don't they use the card slot on the old
boxes? We have two freeview boxes but neither has slots.

There are some other boxes that will cope as well. The recent software
update for the original pace DTVA (the half moon shaped box) enables its
cam slot on the bottom of the machine. The netgem (and BT badged version
of same) also have a slot, as do a couple of others.

just becasue a freeview box has a cam slot doesn't mean that it's got
the firmware capability to use the top up tv cam. If the manufacture of
the box was to develop the firmware then it should work... But as far
as I've experianced only a few manufactures are actively releasing
firmware updates.

Of course there's the new sky freesat package, something like a £150 one
off payment to the murdock family :-( But is Discovery H&L included?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/1...io/3762910.stm

Peter D

The information contained in this post may not be published
in, or used by http://www.diyprojects.info