Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Allan wrote:
As part of the on going saga of fitting the new en-suite I have added
isolating valves to all the pipes. The only thing is that I notice that
even when fully open the flow rate of the taps isn't what it was before
there were any valves. This has led me to be concerned that my power
shower will also be "downgraded" due to the smaller bore through the
isolating valves. I am considering changing the valves on the shower
supply pipes to gate valves (the ones with the hand wheel). Is this a
good move or am I just talking bollox?

You need full flow isolation valves. They're slightly larger than the
service type and more expensive. They have a lever rather than a screw.
A gate valve is likely not to shut off the water fully - which might be ok
for washer changing, but not for removal etc if this is ever needed.

--
*Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.