Joe in Bendigo

Default Pulse generator from Power-on state?

Hi,
can someone enlighten me how I could create a single pulse (12V DC - about
100ms long) from a state change of a 12VDC voltage? In other words, I need
to create a single pulse when the power comes on and also when it goes off
(the hard bit - for me). I guess somehow the pulse could get generated
easily enough when the power comes on (eg the time it takes to charge a
capacitor), but to make a pulse when the power goes off would require
something to allow that (or another) capacitor to briefly discharge....
Anyway, I'm WAY out of my depth!
Can someone draw me a little circuit to do this to build, please?
Cheers,
Joe
(remove -spam- from e-mail to reply)