Clay Foster

Arch,

I've been using drywall screws to successfully hold wood to faceplates
for 20 years. One occaisionally breaks, but I've had the same
experience with sheet metal screws. The trick is to tighten them up
until just before they break and then stop.

Clay Foster

Don Pencil, whose experience in making, using and teaching about
faceplates makes his differing advice and opinion well worth our
attention. There may be others who are not secure enough to openly go
against repeated dogma or those who can _personally_ corroborate the
danger of drywall screws. If so, I hope they will pitch in now, so rcw
can destroy or enforce this legendary warning.