James Owens

Our high-efficiency furnace develops an icicle stalagmite below the
exhaust pipe in winter. We have to knock it down around February to
prevent it from enveloping the pipe.

"No" ) writes:
Hi,

I recently had High Efficiency furnace installed (Carrier Infinity) and
there were 2 PVC pipes put outside my house - one is for taking air into
furnace and another one for air out of furnace. When furnace is working, my
second pipe is spraying water out of it - not a lot, but still hand feels
wet if you hold up to it. It seems kind of strange. Is that a good furnace
installation? Should it be like that? If yes, then would it not freeze in
the winter?

Thanks

--
"For it is only of the new one grows tired. Of the old one never tires."
-- Kierkegaard, _Repetition_

James Owens, Ottawa, Canada