Alexander Galkin

I recently was faced with similar question. My house has insulation in walls
but it is inadequate, is torn in many places that leads to many voids with
no insulation. I was replacing old windows in my 50 years old house with new
construction windows and had to enlarge rough openings. I also wanted to add
insulation. Against all advises I ripped old drywall from all walls facing
out. I then replaced old insulation with new fiberglass batts, put proper 6
mil vapor barrier and covered it with new sheetrock. I am glad I chose this
hard but rewarding way. If I had chosen to drill holes either from inside or
outside and blow insulation through holes I would never achieve results I
achieved. I have fire blocking here in there, voids above headers, etc. No
way you can find all these places to blow insulation into by drilling holes.
Needless to say you cannot install proper vapor barrier. In addition to
insulation with opened walls I changed old wiring, added several outlets
where I need them. Finally, I repainted rooms and they look both great and
warm.

"snapperhead" wrote in message
Anybody had any luck blowing cellulose or fiber rock type insulation into
an existing structure?
I recently bought an older home (1940's vintage). It's frame with brick
veneer.
I know you can rent the machines to blow this stuff in but is it worth it
or should this be left to a professional?
Thanks
Snappa