Bob Smith \(UK\)

"Richard Faulkner" wrote in message
In message , John
writes
We have a few remaining problems with damp in a house that we bought that
had been damp proofed with a chemical treatment. The Damp Proofing

company
claims that the type of plaster used after their treatment was not the

right
plaster.

Could this be true? Is there a type of plaster that can better resist

damp?

Strong chance. I remember having some dampproofing done, getting the
wall plastered by someone else, then calling the damp proof firm back
when the wall got a bit mouldy.

They quickly pointed me to their advice and specification for the
plaster mix on the back of their guarantee - clear as day!! Did I feel
like a prat?? g

I seem to remember it is some kind of cement mix with waterproofing
additives (lets water vapour out, but not water), then plaster on top for
the final skim.

Never had it properly explained why this is necessary if their damp proof
course was any good... It is called damp *proof*, not damp resistant
course.

Bob