raden

In message , Rory
writes
IMM wrote:

Drat - it's not so easy. The controller sees this as a wiring fault and
puts the boiler into lock-out. Now I look, this condition is in the
Fault Finding Guide.

Put a relay in. The boiler energises a relay which switches the
pump.
Isolate the backfeed from the external switching from the pcb. A relay for
£3 and base £2 from Maplin.

That would work as long as the controllers not doing anything
super-clever. Strange that it monitors the pump live at all, really,
because it can only go live under the boilers control. Perhaps I could
break the track on the PCB that provides the f/b!

Send it to yourself via Securicor and let them do it for you !!!

Modifying the pcb in your boiler is not a good idea, you leave yourself
open to all sorts of problems, legally for a start.

The information contained in this post
may not be published in, or used by
http://www.diyprojects.info

--