HeatMan

"Chuck" wrote in message
om...
"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message

"Chuck" wrote in message
om...
My 7 month old high-efficiency gas furnace recently broke down. I
awoke to hear the motor running, but the furnace wouldn't ignite. I
called a repairman.

The guy blew some water out of the air switch and told me that the
furnace had been installed wrong. The furnace was tilted away from the
drain. Somehow, this was causing condensation from the heat exchanger
to enter the air switch.

He didn't stop there.

He noted that the furnace was relighting before the cycle was
complete. He told me that the heat exchanger was in danger of
over-heating. His explanation:
when the furnace was installed, a rear filter cabinet was used. The
manual confirms that this particular furnace should have a bottom or
side filter cabinet. Since a rear FT was used, the air flow is being
restricted by a "squirrel cage???" in the back that blocks most of the
area in front of the filter. He went on the say that in addition to
flooded air-switches and broken heat-exchangers, this is gobbling up
lots of gas and also explains why my second floor doesn't receive much
heat.

Does this sound right??

I don't trust this guy. In addition to trying to avoid giving me a
receipt and asking that his check be made out to "CASH", he also won't
keep his promise to write up a description of the problem for my
realitor (she had the furnace replaced, and needs this before she is
willing to act).

Regardless, I don't know if he's lying about the furnace. Thanks in
advance for advice.

Furnace is: Crown Boiler model UCA 108 NH5R High-efficiency upflow
furnace.

This is one of the more dumber ones I seen here in a while--no

disrespect,
but you only had it installed for seven months and there are already
problems.........who in the hell put the system in, who sold it to them

and
who is listed on the warranty paperwork ???

Talk to the installer, not some hack off the street.

The reason I didn't go back to the installer is because after the guy
installed the furnace (I hadn't moved in yet, and was still out of
state), I asked if he could come back and go over his work with me.
He bluntly told me he was busy and unused to having to come back and
explain how furnaces work.

Since the guy was such an insulting dick, I didn't want the asshole
back in my house.

Besides, if he came back, he would justify his own work, and possibly
endanger me and my family to avoid having to do free work.

And the hack job he has done already isn't endangering anyone? .