Parish

Default PUZZLER???

Lurch wrote:

Good question. The 'leccy that did my extension added a new ring (spare
way in the CU) and swapped a type B MCB for a type C on the downstairs
lighting without turning the power off.

Due to a misunderstanding between him and my builder he only brought one
type C MCB 'coz he didn't know we have separate up- and downstairs
lighting circuits. He offered to cpme back and fit the other one but
asked if I was happy to fit it myself (to save hime making a 40 mile
rould trip) if he sent me an MCB. No problem - with the power off - but
now I'm wondering if I can/should do it live. The CU is an MEM
Memera2000 http://www.memonline.com/mem2.html (scroll down for a "cover
off" view). Having pulled the front cover off mine it seems I don't need
to get my fingers any closer than 50mm to the hot stuff. What do you
reckon? Should I do it live or not?

If you have to ask you're obviously not confident\experienced\daft
enough. Don't do it live.

Yep, that's exactly what I thought. Thanks for confirming it :-)

..

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.