Set Square

Mark Trueman wrote:

You have just summed up my problems well. Yes, the water gets too
flipping hot in the winter as we have to turn the temp up on the
boiler in order to get the rads up to a nice temp

So im looking at converting to a c-plan, which doesnt look too hard,
once i get my head round the electrics. I think the way this is wired
up currently is a total botch job so it may take some working out!!
Is there an easy way to wire in the cylinder stat and 2 port valve by
just using the connections available to me in the LP241 controller.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the LP241 controller - but the best way is
often to bring everything together (boiler, pump, valve, thermostats) in a
10-way junction box or wiring centre - similar to that shown in the C-Plan
wiring diagram in http://content.honeywell.com/uk/homes/systems.htm

Even if you can't easily get at the pump, you may be able to get at the
other end of its cable - and divert or extend it into the junction box.

When you fit the zone valve, you'll have to be careful to locate it
somewhere where it won't interfere with the fill and expansion pipes having
clear runs to the boiler. Very close to the cylinder is often a good place -
in either the flow or return pipe, between the coil and the point where the
F or E pipe connects in.

Note also that the zone valve needs to have a change-over (as opposed to
on/off) switch which is independent of the motor connections, and which
switches when the valve is fully open. [Maybe they all have this anyway -
but check to be on the safe side, 'cos it won't work without!]
--
Cheers,
Set Square