Wayne

I can't tell you what works, but I can tell you what doesn't. I bought some
wireless FM Radio Shack units (because they were cheap and easy to install),
the kind that transmits right over the house electrical wiring, so you can
just plug the units in any electrical outlet, no special wiring required.
The only ones that work are ones that are on the same circuit. Of course,
if your house is big enough for an intercom, it is unlikely that any two of
them are going to be on the same circuit. Those that are on different
circuits do not receive the broadcast clearly, if they receive it at all.
Don't waste your money on this technology.

"Power Cat" wrote in message
om...
Looking for suggestions for a hardwired home intercom system. I don't
think the intercom systems are the way to handle audio in the house so
that just leaves an intercom doing intercom duty. It seems most of
these that are hardwired require shielded wiring so I can't just
prewire some cat5 wire and figure out a vendor later.

What do you folks like for pure intercom duty? That doesn't cost an
arm and a leg?