Gary

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
Dave Hall responds:

Sears
wants $7.99 shipping and handling, for a $17 part!! I told them
Wal-Mart
doesn't charge shipping and handling and it didn't make sense to me why
they
should. The part is not essential but would make the machine a lot
less
messy, so I'm not sure what I'll do.

If I am not mistaken, you can order such parts through the store and go
there
to pick them up with no shipping charges. At least that was the case the
last
time I ordered Sears parts for my snowblower. Shipping only applied if I
wanted
the parts shipped to my house.

Seems to me that's true, Dave. Shipping to one's house is a service
WalMart
doesn't offer, so they don't charge for it. I used to pick up stuff at our
local Sears' store. Now, though, that's 35 miles away, since all the
franchise
stores were closed.

Charlie Self
"There are two ways of exerting one's strength: one is pushing down, the
other
is pulling up." Booker T. Washington

I tried online and I tried calling on the telephone and both indicated that
I had to pay the $7.99 shipping. The lady on the telephone insisted that I
had to pay shipping and that it would be shipped to my home even though I
told her that I wanted to pick it up at the parts store. I called an 800
number and got one of those central parts order places probably in someplace
like B.F.E. There was not list a local number for our local Sears parts and
repair store. Maybe if I go there and talk to a real human being I'll have
better luck.

Thanks for you advice.
Gary