Owain

"big al - Peoples Pal" wrote
| Top-up channels are now available/launching (via a Freeview box
| with a card slot - only one available so far) and the only
| programme I'd pay for is going to be available.
| Is anyone else a really sad case like me, and are you now
| contemplating going over to freeview + topup channels?

Bear in mind that
(a) the channels are not broadcast 24 hours a day - you only get a few hours
a day of each channel
(b) the times you get each channel, and the channels themselves, are not
guaranteed to be present for the lifetime of your subscription. As top-up-tv
only have a few slots on the multiplexes, there is a higher risk that they
will discontinue some channels to make room for others.

Owain