Norminn

v wrote:
On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 05:37:09 +0000 (UTC), someone wrote:

Those other people are leasing and will be in a new car in a year or two.

No always. There is indeed something else going on here, also. An
acquaintance had the valet parking concession at a REALLY high end
event every year. The really rich folks, even those with classic cars
that were not likely leased, didn't have a qualm about having their
cars parked.

They know they can make life miserable for the club/event manager for
the rest of his/her years if some kid scratches the car, and the manager
knows it, too.

OTOH the few hoi polloi driving old bombs were the most irate, snotty

They are angry - put the money they could have spent on a car into high
risk investment. Cost of success )

and suspicious, and didn't want anyone else touching their cars. I've
seen it myself - my teen stepson refused to go to events at a certain
club (not ours, a relative's) with his crappy Hyundai, when he heard

Because he goes to school with the kids who park cars and sees them peel
out of the parking lot every day ) His "crappy Hyundai" is his most
valuable posession, his image, his route to freedom and all that entails )

that there was valet parking there. I do not lease cars, yet I have
been to events there several times.

Well, this is getting OT.

-v.

I know a millionaire who sold his wife's used lipsticks at a garage
sale. Gross!!!!!!