IMM

"John Rumm" wrote in message
raden wrote:

Some combis control the flow rate of hot water produced,

Which ones and how ?

How? no idea, never studied one close enough...

I can't think of any.

They certainly seem much less common these days, I don't remember
finding any recent models that behave like this, the ones I have seen
have all been typically ten years old or more.

The Worcester Bosch Greentar combi 40kW, has flow regulator.IT can be set on
commissioning. You set the flow to the required litres/min and it stays
there. You can't turn the bath tap on full and just get warm water as the
simpler models do.

(the CB50 was it?) would "never
run cool" - so based on
that quality evidence perhaps you
are right, there are no current
models! ;-) )

What evidence would that be? The CB50 allows full belt then when the stored
water drops below a set level the water regulator maintains approx
11/litres/min flow through the unit.

The older HIghFlows don't run out of hot water, well on the older models you
had to lower the flow at the tap to heat the water up when the store was
exhausted.