Art

Also, ground block located either outside or inside allowing proper
grounding of the cable to a known earth. I see a lot of professional
installations having the ground block located outside the building, at the
bottom of the drip loop, with the ground wire going to a known good earth
return source like the cold water pipe. Not the gas main, yes I have seen
quite a few that some idiot has connected the ground wire actually to the
black metal gas line rather than a water pipe. Nothing amazes me any more
about what ignorance abounds!!
"JURB6006" wrote in message
You don't necessarily need the tube unless the wire doesn't want to
cooperate
and go through to the inside. A coathanger can fix that.

When you seal the tube to the outside siding or whatever, you are still
sealing
to the outside layer. The compromise to the "R" factor of the wall is very
small as long as it's sealed with RTV.

Using the tube, however, results in a more professional looking job, if
you
want to retain all of the "R" value you should find a way to use silicone
all
the way down the tube, or somehow maybe that expanding foam stuff.

More importantly, make sure you know how and put a drip loop in it. This
is all
in which way you staple the wire, do it so the wire ultimately comes
Uup/U
to the hole, tube or not. I'm sure there are examples on the net somewhere
or
something. Basically all forms of sealant eventually fail, and with a drip
loop
you get 10 years before there's a problem instead of 2, as long as you
keep
that rain from running down the wire right into the hole. Then, gravity is
your
friend .

My two cents, hmm lemme see, that's not even ¼ of a cigarette, hmm it's
closer
to ¼ of a 12 oz. beer. Damn, I bet you could drink two cents worth of
gasoline
these days without dying.

We are going to have to raise our rates, but don't worry about it.

JURB