Charlie Self

Dave Hall responds:

Sears
wants $7.99 shipping and handling, for a $17 part!! I told them Wal-Mart
doesn't charge shipping and handling and it didn't make sense to me why

they
should. The part is not essential but would make the machine a lot less
messy, so I'm not sure what I'll do.

If I am not mistaken, you can order such parts through the store and go there
to pick them up with no shipping charges. At least that was the case the last
time I ordered Sears parts for my snowblower. Shipping only applied if I
wanted
the parts shipped to my house.

Seems to me that's true, Dave. Shipping to one's house is a service WalMart
doesn't offer, so they don't charge for it. I used to pick up stuff at our
local Sears' store. Now, though, that's 35 miles away, since all the franchise
stores were closed.

Charlie Self
"There are two ways of exerting one's strength: one is pushing down, the other
is pulling up." Booker T. Washington