Bob Mannix

"EricP" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 02:20:54 +0100, "big al - Peoples Pal"
wrote:

I used to have Cable TV and my favourite programmes was nearly always
Discovery Home & Leisure, then I moved to t'country and had to give it

up.

I could have got sky, but I hate the thought of giving Rupert any more
millions for one the use of only one channel, I've now just discovered

that
Top-up channels are now available/launching (via a Freeview box with a

card
slot - only one available so far) and the only programme I'd pay for is
going to be available.

Is anyone else a really sad case like me, and are you now contemplating
going over to freeview + topup channels?

I have thought about it, but don't they use the card slot on the old
boxes? We have two freeview boxes but neither has slots.

Also the range of channels is hardly stupendous for 7 quid a month.

try the ng:

uk.tech.digital-tv

They love arguing about TOTV, digital boxes etc.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)