Bob

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message

surface of the miter table has high pressure laminate on it (formica). The
dados chipped the edges of the hpl. I probably should have taped them or
used a router instead. Fortunately this will spoil the functionality of

the
piece but it looks crappy. What would you have done - tape or router
or.....??

The Forrest Dado King is the only Dado blade I know of that might have a
chance at cutting it cleanly. Its a dicy proposition. I think I would try a
test cut to see if it worked. Otherwise, I'd cut a smaller Dado and widen it
with a router on both sides.

I wonder of manual scoring prior to cutting would help? The really high
priced table saws that are supposed to handle this well have motor driven
scoring blades that cut ahead of the main blade/dado.

Bob