Robert Galloway

Not a shill for Forrest but...

I used to use a blade on the TS that a trip to the jointer would improve
upon. Bought the WWII and wouldn't think of going to the jointer most
of the time because the cut is so smooth. I'm sure other premium blades
will do the same. You get what you pay for. The middle of the road
blade didn't equal the jointer. The premium blade betters the jointer.
YPYMYTYC

bob g.

Leon wrote:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
om...

I've seen Norm cut stock on the tablesaw then clean up the edge on the
jointer. He clearly states he is leaving the cut heavy so he can do that.

Yeah I have seen that too. I wonder if he simply does not know any better
or if he is demonstrating another way to get a smooth edge if your TS is
not making good cuts. I was taught to never take the board from the saw to
the jointer and that was from 2 different instructors. For acurate cutting,
cutting proud and finishing with a jointer just does not make sense.