IMM

"Dave W" wrote in message

I dont agree at all, insurers are looking to cover the risk involved over
the next year.
A 15 year old conventional B/F boiler probable only has a gas valve and a
thermocouple that are likely to fail.
A 5 year old condenser will likely have
fan, gas valve, thermistor, flow sensor, ignition electrode, flame
detector, fan stat, safety stat, and probably at least two PCBs.

So would a regular system boilers too. There is not that much differnce in
control parts in either boiler types. The better condensers have downward
firing burners and one piece heat exchangers, unlike the crocks the UK
heating industry previously turned out. Some are guaranteeing their
stainless steel heat exchangers 5 years.

We will have to wait a few years to see
if current combi that everyone seem
to be buying are as reliable as you think,
but with ever more bits inside
to go wrong I cant see it.

I think you mean condenser not combi. Well they are reliable enough in
Germany and Holland...and...GlowWorm are owned Vaillant and have many
Vaillant parts inside. The Germans bought Worcester and called it Worcester
Bosch.