chris French

In message , DaveŁ
writes

I think it's time I replenished the additives

Inhibitor.

in my system since I
haven't added anything for three or four years, and have added quite a
lot of freshwater during that time, to keep the pessure correct.

What is a good and economical additive to use, and how much for a
smallish 3-bed house?

Fernox is good and reliable and I usually use that. Or Sentinel.

The crud that I'd most like to eliminate are those hard little black
bits (iron oxide?). I did a desludge job on it about 3 or 4 years ago,
but the black bits are back! - I found some the other day when I
looked inside the secondary heat exchanger..

If it's bad enouhg I'd add some of the cleaner stuff first, leave it for
a couple of weeks , drain down and refill with inhibitor. When I
installed my system I connected up the mains to the heating circuit and
flushed it through, seemed to remove most of the crud.
--
Chris French, Leeds