David

Why on earth are you quoting Minwhacks??? No where did I mention my
application of Minwhacks products. I HATE Minwhacks, AAMOF. Most other
mfgrs produce superior finishes and stains.

David

TeamCasa wrote:

A reply from Minwax.

Subject: Minwax.com: Contact Us

Dave,

As long as the conditions you're working in are good, you can recoat within
2 hours (the product will most likely be dry enough within an hour unless
humidity is too high or the temperature is too cool, lack of air
circulation, etc.). As long as you hit the recoat window, the aerosol
version is different in that you will get a chemical bond between coats. If
you don't hit that window, the finish will skin over or cure enough on the
surface, so if you were to try to recoat at that point, the new coat would
cause the one underneath to wrinkle. This is why we suggest allowing the
finish to cure for 72 hours, then create a mechanical bond by lightly scuff
sanding before applying the next coat of the aerosol version, if you're
unable to hit the recoat window.

Sincerely,
Eric

"David" wrote in message

My waterborne poly's don't suggest waiting 3 days between coats! Au
contraire! Recoat time as stated on Compliant Spray's site as:

" Drying Time:
Dust free in 3-8 minutes @ (65° to 85°). Sandable for recoat in 20 to 30
minutes. May be force dried after flow-out. "

David