Gary DeWitt

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message ...
I have to cut a 1" dado for a miter track using my table saw. My 6" stacked
dado head cutter set will only cut to just over 3/4" wide. My table saw has
a good fence but not a world class fence so I don't want to just assume I
can cut a 3/4" dado, bump the fence over 1/4", and everything will come out
nicely. Does anyone have any tricks to get this cut to come out accurately
other than measure measure measure?

TIA.

Dick Snyder

Rip a piece of wood thicker (taller) than the piece you are dadoing
down to 1/4" width. Set dado for 3/4". Run first cut through the saw.
Clamp your 1/4" spacer to your fence. Run your piece through the saw
again. I'd try this on some scrap of the same thickness first, and do
any fine tuning of the spacer needed before making the actual cuts.