ameijers

"David Gale" wrote in message
Quoth hwbuckley :
What is the best way to keep pidgeons from landing on my roof?

Line the entire thing with concertina wire. Should get rid of the

problem.
;-)

In all sincerity, I've seen many buildings in cities that have broken

glass,
metal spikes, or some such embedded in their concrete window sills (and

all
other convenient roosting points). I don't know how feasible such a

system
would be for a residential roof, but it is a simple, no-hassle solution.

They tried that at my office- giant carpet-gripper looking things, with
interlaced 3 inch spikes sticking up. Worked about a month, then the birds
started nesting in them, bending a few spikes down and using the rest for
anchors.

Pigeons are right up there with cockroaches and sharks in adapting to their
environment.

aem sends....