raden

In message , Rory
writes
I installed an Alpha during the summer and, now the CH is on, I've
noticed that whenever the Suprima re-fires after the boiler stat has
shut it down, then the Alpha speeds up before gradually settling down
again. This means that, contrary to the way it's supposed to work, the
noise through our TRV's is quite loud, and all the more noticeable
because it comes & goes. The Alpha is set at the lowest point on its
variable scale.
I *think* that what's happening is that the Suprima is momentarily
disconnecting the pump as the boiler fires? If this is true, then the
pump is acting correctly.
Is this (disconnecting the pump) a known *bug* with the Suprima?
Thanks
Rory

When a Suprima comes on, it momentarily energises the pump, this is
normal. It should also energise the pump on a daily basis to prevent it
seizing up during the summer

The information contained in this post
may not be published in, or used by
http://www.diyprojects.info