Andrew McKay

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:11:14 GMT, "Allan"
wrote:

Everything has been going smoothly (or as smoothly as removing and fitting a
new en-suite can go) but after fitting the new toilet, I seem to have a
small leak from the waste pipe.

Now I could go pulling it apart etc, but if any of you chaps had any sage
advice about fitting toilets - and in particular ensuring that the watse is
well and truly sealed - I would be most grateful.

I assume by waste pipe you mean the large 4in pipe that exits the
bottom rear of the toilet? Can't think of anything else but I thought
I'd check.

If you used the old waste pipe fitting with the rubber rings to make
the connection to the new toilet then that'll be the problem area. Buy
next waste connections with new rubber seals and that should cure the
problem.

You will need to remove the toilet to fit these of course. Not my
favourite job but YMMV.

Andrew