Joe Gorman

Dick Snyder wrote:
I have to cut a 1" dado for a miter track using my table saw. My 6" stacked
dado head cutter set will only cut to just over 3/4" wide. My table saw has
a good fence but not a world class fence so I don't want to just assume I
can cut a 3/4" dado, bump the fence over 1/4", and everything will come out
nicely. Does anyone have any tricks to get this cut to come out accurately
other than measure measure measure?

TIA.

Dick Snyder

Use a shim that is the difference between the actual width of the
dado set and the desired final dado size between the stock and the
fence. 3/4" dado set plus 1/4" shim puts the right edge of the
dado where it will be, remove the shim and the left edge of the
dado is cut, 1" away from the right.
Joe