sandy

Default Water leak through wall - hurricane

We finally had the insurance adjuster over to look over our limited
hurricane damage. One of our problems was that water had come in
through the walls (soaking the carpet, damaging furniture, etc.)
during the hurricane. The adjuster said it was "hydrostatic" damages
that were not covered by our insurance. I got the impression that he
said water was seeping in between our slab and the cbs walls because
of air pressure from the hurricane. It only happened in 2 walls our
house and we'd like to do whatever we have to do so that it doesn't
happen again. I was planning on just painting over the water stains
with Kilz and then paint. But would appreciate suggestion as to what
to do to repair it so that it won't happen again.

Thanks!

Sandy