Andy Hall

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:54:56 GMT, (DaveŁ) wrote:

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:50:44 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

ive recently had a new ideal isar he35 fitted, the user instructions
say 'set the boiler thermostat to maximum and switch on' my question
is what would be the most economical way to run this type of boiler?

The most efficient is to set the boiler thermostat at the lowest setting
consistent with also heating the house adequetely. You may find this
requires it to be bumped up in particularly cold weather. Depending on the
complexities of the heating control systems, the boiler may decide to turn
the temperature down automatically for efficiency purposes.

This only applies to condensing combi boilers.

I was going to ask the same question re my own combi boiler, but I'm
not sure if it's a "condensing" combi boiler. (I've never heard that
term before. It's a Brittony 80 by Chaffateaux. Is that a CCB?
Thanks
Dave L

It's non-condensing

..andy