Darren Harris

Default Advice Please: LCD Timer Project

I need what will basically be a digital stopwatch. It will need to be
an accurate LCD timer/clock that can record a huge number of splits to
1/60th of a second, and since nothing like what I need is on the
market I'll obviously have to build one for myself, if this is
possible.

This may be a simple project, or a really complex one. But I was
hoping to get ideas on where/how to start.

Outisde of it's foot-print not being more than about 2 or 3 inches
wide, the following is what I'm after...

1) Two digital displays:
A) One for the main timer, which can be reset to zero at the press of
a button.
B) One that will show the latest split time, at the press of a button.

2) The ability to record/recall *at least* 256 splits.

Any advice on what parts and where to get them would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.